United Arts Executive Assistant
Posted: Apr 11, 2023
United Arts of Central Florida, the leading Local Arts Nonprofit Agency dedicated to advancing arts and
culture in Central Florida seeks an in-office Executive Assistant for the President & CEO. To be successful
in the role, the individual will be well-organized, have exceptional communication skills, and proactively
handle administrative and executive functions to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and
Position works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to keep her well informed and prepared
for upcoming commitments and responsibilities through effective management of the President’s
calendar and taking the lead on organizing and preparing for meetings hosted by the President’s office.
Duties may include researching/compiling information, coordinating activities between departments,
Board of Directors and/or outside stakeholders. Maintains data; generates and formats reports and
other documents using a full range of computer software skills including spreadsheets, word processing,
desktop publishing, database management, presentation software, etc. Must have good phone manner
and interpersonal skills and excellent spelling and grammar. Ultimately this executive assistant will
contribute to the success of our mission to enrich our community by investing in art, science and history.
Opportunities to experience the arts are a common benefit of this position.
Position requires high attention to detail and follow up. Requires excellent diplomacy, customer
service skills and managing numerous priorities at once.
- Manage calendar for President including scheduling, follow up and prioritizing the most sensitive
or urgent matters.
- Review, prioritize and respond to emails and other communications.
- Screen President’s phone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Ensure all administrative support is provided in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing meals or catering
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Serve as President’s liaison to the United Arts Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other
committee and meeting related items.
- Prepare monthly expense reports.
- Support the President in his/her participation/membership in other external boards by acting as
primary contact and tracking President’s commitments to those organizations.
- Arrange President’s travel.
- Assist in the development and management of organizational and operational projects as needed.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- President is chief fundraising officer of the organization, and this will require the Executive
Assistant to interface with the development team on fundraising appointments requiring the
President & CEO.
- Scheduling meetings with major donors, corporate and foundation leaders, public officials.
- Outlook updates –update new and current addresses; disseminate contact information changes to
- Maintain assigned Outlook distribution lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Description – Executive Assistant
- Answers general office phones, direct calls to appropriate party.
- Oversees maintenance of office copier and mail machine.
- Maintains supply closet and orders office supplies.
- Maintains kitchen and order coffee and paper supplies.
- Ensures kitchen area, board room, and copier room are neat and tidy.
- Other tasks as needed.
Work Experience and Skills
− Minimum of five years of experience supporting senior C-Suite executives.
− No experience in the arts is necessary, but an appreciation for the arts is needed.
− Experience in a nonprofit environment attending meetings, taking minutes, etc.
− Must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
− Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
− Must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
− Must be technologically savvy and be able to set up and troubleshoot laptops, technology etc.
− Must be comfortable learning new software.
− Superior written and oral communication skills.
− Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people and situations, flexibility is key.
− Highly resourceful team player; must also be extremely effective working independently.
− Must have a reliable car and current US driver’s license.
− Able to Lift 25lbs.
− Requires travel within the four-county region.
Benefits include medical, dental, life, long- and short-term disability, employee 401K, and paid vacation, sick
and holiday time. Benefits also include the option to work remote one day a week after first 90 days.
United Arts is a drug-free, smoke-free EOE. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
United Arts will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the
Compensation depending on experience and skills.
Please send your resume to HR@UnitedArts.cc