Crealdé School of Art
Donor Relations Assistant
Founded in 1975 and located on a lush, tropical campus in Winter Park, Crealdé School of Art is one of the highest rated cultural organizations in the State of Florida, with visual art programs that serve over 50,000 residents and visitors annually through classes, workshops, exhibitions at the main campus, the Hannibal Square Heritage Center, Winter Garden and community outreach and exhibition sites.
Crealdé is a welcoming workplace, where employees feel the joy of supporting all the good the school offers the community, from the creative expression of students of all ages, to the inspiration from exhibiting artists who share their diverse talents and cultures, to the long-standing outreach efforts that provide underrepresented individuals and communities with incredible experiences in art and culture through scholarships, free classes and workshops, and through the Hannibal Square Heritage Center, which uses the arts to share the African American experience. In addition, employees get to participate in the creative community with a free art class each session!
The Donor Relations Assistant is a part time position responsible for helping steward Crealdé’s enthusiastic donors and members and assisting in the cultivation of new donors. The position reports to the Executive Director and engages the development team, Board of Directors and staff to continually improve donor relations, manage the membership program, help increase gifts, and implement fundraising campaign details. The position also maintains and generates mailings lists for use in marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 3 -5 years of relevant experience, preferably in development.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management software preferred.
Donor Relations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge all purchased memberships, cash, and in-kind donations promptly with an email thank-you letter, followed by personalized tax receipt/thank-you letter with membership card within one week of donation receipt. All donations of $100-plus to be signed by the Executive Director.
- Engage the Board of Directors in making regular thank-you calls to all cash donors.
- Maintain the ProClass database to ensure donor information is current. Work with Marketing Manager to ensure that communications regarding donations in the newsletter, website, main campus and Hannibal Square Heritage Center are kept current.
- Track donations in Excel and maintain the Donor History Workbook, which documents cumulative giving.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile donation records with the donations report from the Accounting Manager and online donations made through Stripe and ProClass registration software to ensure that all donors are accounted for and acknowledged.
- Ensure that membership benefits are implemented ($100 level-plus receives an invitation to the Annual Circle of Friends appreciation event; $500-plus has their name displayed on campus; $1,000-plus receives a year-end gift of special edition artwork by a Crealdé artist, and all gifts over $40 are acknowledged in the Annual Report to Membership). Ensure that Lifetime and Honorary members remain on all mailing lists and that $1,000-plus high-level members remain on list for a minimum of five years (tracked on Donor History Book.)
- Prepare biannual membership report for July 1 and January 1; pull reports as needed for special fundraising initiatives.
2. Donor Cultivation
- With the Executive Director and as part of the annual Development Plan, identify high level donors, as well as potential growth donors and look for opportunities to increase their involvement with the school.
- Track and log donor information in ProClass, including individual interests, conversation and meeting notes and outcomes, and feedback on Crealdé programs.
- Plan and arrange donor meetings/luncheons with identified donors, the Executive Director, and a member of the Board of Directors.
- Provide input to the Executive Director for strategic, annual, budgetary, and marketing planning as it relates to increasing donations and cultivating stronger relationships with donors.
- Promote donations and membership at major exhibition openings and open houses.
- In accordance with Long Range Plan, work with the development team to research affordable donor management software.
3. Fundraising Campaigns
- With Executive Director and Development Team, plan and implement the project-specific, annual Year-End Campaign and the United Arts Collaborative Campaign for the Arts the spring, which raises general operating support funds. Secure testimonials; organize mailing/emailing efforts; communicate details to the Marketing Manager, Registrar and Board of Directors; schedule and participate with Development Team in promoting the campaigns at campus events and in classrooms; provide updated reports to staff and Board of Directors during the campaign; engage the Board of Directors in acknowledging donors through phone calls and letters.
- With Executive Director, plan and implement additional targeted solicitations to smaller groups of members and students to attract financial support for specific projects and programs.
- Produce reports and present to the Board of Directors as requested.
4. Other Administration
- Maintain and update lists for all mailings, including fundraising campaigns (twice per year), exhibition invitations (up to four times per year), program guide and Summer ArtCamp mailings (six times per year), and special event mailings.
Time Commitment and Benefits:
This position is part time at 20 hours per week at rate of $18 per hour. Office presence is required at least 75% of the time, three times per week and days must be arranged in advance with the Executive Director. Benefits include paid vacations and holidays and one free art class per term.
Crealdé School of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please email 1) a compelling letter of intent, 2) resume, and 3) two references to Nicole Fournier, Accounting and Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 24, 2022.