Amplifier Building: 5 Watt Edition (Course)
In this course, the students will get to build their very own custom 5-Watt Tube Amp, designed exclusively for El Camino School by ValveTrain Amplification.
An amplifier is the voice-box of the electric guitar and bass and plays a key role in helping to create a player’s signature tone or sound. Understanding the inner workings of an amplifier allows the player to take a more active role in the development of their sound and be able to troubleshoot technical issues when they arise on stage or off.
In this course, the students will get to build their very own custom 5-Watt Tube Amp, designed exclusively for El Camino School by ValveTrain Amplification. This amp is based on the beloved 5-watt Custom Champ amp from the 1950s. By taking this hands-on approach the student will get to touch each part of the amplifier as well as learn how it contributes to the whole working device.
– Build your very own custom EC5 5-watt tube amp.
– Learn proper soldering techniques.
– Learn the concepts of sound creation & manipulation to create personalized sounds and or settings.
– Learn the technical aspects of the circuits that create the sounds.
– Food and beverages will be provided.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Oct 22, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Sat)
- Oct 23, 2022 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Sun)
5066 Edgewater Dr., Orlando, FL 32810