The Etched in Time exhibition in the A&H’s Maitland Historical Museum features etchings, a print method used in America during the 19th and 20th centuries.
Explore the history of nineteenth and twentieth century etchings used in print as a way to share images long before the age of Instagram. The exhibition features J. Andre Smith’s printing press used to create prints from etched metal plates, which include images of Smith’s experiences in WWI and several trips throughout Europe. The exhibit also contains several etchings created by Smith’s contemporaries like Ernest Roth, Milton Avery and Thomas Hart Benton, as well as etchings inspired by the Florida landscape.
Seniors (65+) & Students (5-17): $5
Maitland Residents: $5
Maitland Seniors, Students and Military: $4
A&H members: always free!
Free every 2nd Thursday of the month for Maitland Residents
Free for U.S. Military & immediate family from Memorial Day to Labor Day!
(Includes Maitland Art Center, Maitland Historical Museum & Telephone Museum)
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Aug 22, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Thu)
- Aug 23, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Fri)
- Aug 24, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sat)
- Aug 25, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sun)
- Aug 29, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Thu)
- Aug 30, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Fri)
- Aug 31, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sat)
- Sep 1, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sun)
221 W Packwood Ave, Maitland, FL 32751
MORE FROM Art & History Museums-Maitland
May 22 - Sep 1, 2019