Tony Award for Best Play and Pulitzer Prize for Drama winner in 1977.
The Shadow Box by Michael Cristofer. In this compelling dramatic triptych, three terminal cancer patients dwell in separate cottages on a hospital’s grounds. The three are attended and visited by family and close friends: Joe, Brian, and Felicity come from different walks of life, different parts of the country, and are in different stages of accepting the things they have in common: they are all dying of cancer, and they are all living out their final days, in company with friends and family, in homey hospice cottages on the green and pleasant grounds of a large California hospital. They are observed, studied, and counseled by an invisible Interviewer as they talk candidly about their emotional and physical struggles, and face interpersonal challenges. Epic performances by all, and, yes, a definite tearry play, but done magnificently.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Sep 5, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Sep 6, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Sep 7, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Sep 8, 2019 at 02:30 pm (Sun)
- Sep 12, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Thu)
- Sep 13, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Fri)
- Sep 14, 2019 at 07:30 pm (Sat)
- Sep 15, 2019 at 02:30 pm (Sun)
380 South Goodwin Street, Lake Helen, FL 32744