There are no recent bookmarks.

The Important Problem: A Social Justice Opera

Presented by Timucua Arts Foundation at Timucua, Orlando FL

Mar 04 2023
The Important Problem: A Social Justice Opera

"The Important Problem" : A Social Justice Opera by Holly Cordero

5 people have been shot on a train car. Each represents a different political issue. Two main characters tell the story of these characters through song in this Musical Theater piece by Holly Cordero.

Timucua is proud to kick-off our March Wordplay Festival with ‘The Important Problem: A Social Justice Opera’ by Holly Cordero. This piece is a political observation of the law, and what to do about how the law is interpreted, from the eyes of a citizen. We follow two main characters: one is a police officer, and the other is a “righteous” citizen. In the scenario, there are 4 people on a subway train that have been killed by the righteous citizen. These four people represent different political debates: a corrupt CEO who collects billions but can’t give medical insurance to his own maid; a woman who is pregnant but doesn’t make enough money to support a child; a computer hacker who steals money from the top 1% and redistributes it to the other 99%, and a female politician who takes bribes from big business to change policy. The righteous citizen believes all of these people have broken various laws and therefore kills them while the police officer is there to describe what the actual punishment should be. However, at the end of the Opera when the police officer attempts to arrest the citizen, a surprise, twist ending occurs which, when the audience experiences it, will be unforgettable.


Tickets are pay what you like (suggested donation $10-$20)

In-person and livestream tickets available.

Please bring a bottle of wine or non-alcoholic beverage to share.

Contact: 3212343985


    Official Website


  • Mar 4, 2023 at 07:30 pm - 09:30 pm (Sat)

Additional time info:

Please arrive 15-20 minutes before show for best available parking and seating

Patrons may use Delaney Park lot for additional parking

* Event durations (if noted) are approximate. Please check with the presenting organization or venue to confirm start times and duration.



2000 S Summerlin Ave., Orlando, FL 32806

See what's near this venue


    • Wheelchair Access

CONNECT WITH Timucua Arts Foundation


Do you have an event you'd like to have listed?


Playfully Orange

Artist Spotlight