Please note, this event has expired.
A unique opportunity to study closely with UCF percussion faculty for high school and university students.
A unique opportunity to study closely with UCF percussion faculty Thad Anderson, percussionist, composer, and contemporary/electroacoustic music specialist; Kirk Gay, world-class timpanist and orchestral musician; and Jeff Moore, internationally recognized percussion clinician, lecturer, and soloist. Additional guest artists and faculty will be announced in the near future.
Participants will perform in master classes and concerts, and will receive instruction on a variety of percussion subjects including:
- Marimba technique, solos, and concerti
- Vibraphone technique, improvisation, solos, and concerti
- Timpani and Multiple Percussion solos and concerti
- Independence and Transfer Value in Percussion
- Ochestral instruments including snare drum and accessories
- Chamber music and percussion ensemble
- World music, including Brazilian, Amadinda, and Steel Band
- Music technology and practice techniques
Each student will receive:
- Multiple daily sessions with camp faculty and additional guest artists
- Small group lessons and masterclasses with camp faculty
- Daily percussion ensemble and world music ensemble playing experience
- Ample time for individual practice
- All instruments will be provided. Contact Thad Anderson to make arrangements if you wish to bring your own instruments.
Early Registration Tuition: $450 by May 1, 2019
Late Registration Tuition (after May 1, 2019): $550 by July 1, 2019
4000 Central Florida Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32816
MORE FROM UCF School of Performing Arts
Oct 3 - Oct 9, 2020
Oct 10 - Oct 16, 2020
Oct 24 - Oct 30, 2020