The State Theater originally opened in 1922 as a vaudeville house. The building was also used as a movie theater for many years. By 1975, it had been vacant for many years. Because of its original purpose, the theatre contained a curved balcony-mezzanine, a fly-loft, an orchestra pit, and wonderful visibility and acoustics. The founders of the Bay Street Players leased the 50-year old theatre with sweat equity. In 1985, the theatre began a massive renovation that cost about $198,000. 125
Nov 22 - Dec 15, 2019
© 2019 - United Arts of Central Florida. All Rights Reserved.