109 North Bay Street, Eustis, FL 32726
The State Theater originally opened in 1922 as a vaudeville house. The building was also used as a movie theater for many years. By 1975, it had been vacant for many years. Because of its original purpose, the theatre contained a curved balcony-mezzanine, a fly-loft, an orchestra pit, and wonderful visibility and acoustics. The founders of the Bay Street Players leased the 50-year old theatre with sweat equity. In 1985, the theatre began a massive renovation that cost about $198,000. 125 volunteers did all the work except for installing new carpet and tile. In it’s 41st season The Bay Street Players continue to bring quality theater to the Lake and Central Florida area.