A permanent feature of downtown Kissimmee was dedicated by U.S Senator Claude Pepper in 1943. The 40 foot monument was created at the start of World War II following the attack on Pearl Harbor. It was created with stones and fossils from all 48 states at the time and over time has grown to include stones from all 50 states and 20 foreign countries. In 2001 the monument was refurbished with a new coat of paint on the stones and a new flag was installed.
© 2019 - United Arts of Central Florida. All Rights Reserved.