The Old Lake Wales City Hall was built in 1928 and served as the seat of City government until 1999. The building was deeded to Polk State College in 2007 to establish a Campus in Lake Wales. State Senator JD Alexander secured funding to restore the building to its original grandeur, enabling residents to take college-level classes closer to home. Tom Freeman was commissioned to paint the reception area’s centerpiece mural. It was unveiled at the building’s dedication in 2009.
Sponsored by Tom
Date created: 2009
Dimensions: 6' x 10'
© 2019 - United Arts of Central Florida. All Rights Reserved.