This mural was painted at the behest of many “old timers” who recall social activities and swimming on the western shore of Lake Wailes. The Pavilion was built by the Lake Wales Land Company and the City of Lake Wales assumed operation in 1917. The building fell victim to the ravages of time and termites and was demolished in 1974. The City Pavilion provided dressing rooms, concessions and a gathering place for community events.
Sponsored by: Friends with Fond Memories of the Pavilion
Date created: 2008
Dimensions: 44' x 13'